Monday, March 05, 2007

The Most Confusing Schedule Ever

I've bitched almost non-stop about this new "hiatus season" the networks are trying, and I'm about tired of it. But, it makes me ask just one question: Is House still on the air?

I honestly don't know. I don't even know what they're airing in it's place. I just know that when TiVo is taping The Unit rather than House, House isn't on.

But then, this is Fox, the Home of Nonsensical Programming. They chose to premiere their three most popular shows in January. King of the Hill, one of the longest-running shows on TV, was MIA for almost a year, only to come back with three episodes before disappearing to make room for Seth McFarland's latest abortion. (And when did Sunday become SethMcFarlandDay?) The Simpsons, which usually premiers in November, started in September, and has aired 12 episodes. (I thought there were more than 12 weeks in seven months, but I might not know what I'm talking about.) Plus, on any given night, you'll have no idea what might be airing on Fox. (I believe they've canceled every show that was new this year.)

Which brings us back to House. If I'm not mistaken, House was the first show on all of TV to air its season premiere, waaay back in the first week of September. Since then, they've aired 14 episodes. (For comparison, 24, which premiered in January, has aired 11.) House went on World Series hiatus, post-sweeps hiatus, the no-real-reason hiatus, and now, well, I don't know why it's not on.

Which brings me back to my original question: Is House still on the air?

Bravo, Fox, for making your schedule so fucking confusing, all in the name of not airing a couple of reruns. Bravo.

No comments: