Friday, May 11, 2007

It's News To Me

I read on the front page of Yahoo! the other day that, after 25 years, British New Wave act New Order has decided to break up.

WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????!!!?!?!? New Order is still a band?!? The last thing I remember from them was "Bizarre Love Triangle," which came out when I was in middle school...and that was 20 years ago. Apparently, they've had some sort of secret existence since then, where only the "cool kids" who listened to them way back in the day are allowed to know they're still around. But now, the gig is up.

Learn something new everyday, I guess. Next, they're going to tell me Silverchair is still a band. That would be a laugh.

2 comments:

Jesus Melendez said...

I PRETTY sure you were being facetious...but start laughing. Silverchair is playing Lollapalooza.

And yes, they've actually put out an album or two since Diorama!

E said...

You mean there are albums past Frogstomp?

Wow. Wow.

Next, you're going to tell me The Band is touring again.