Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Thought We Got Rid Of This Guy

I really thought we'd seen the last of Al Gore.

After he was "robbed" of the 2000 Presidential election, he kind of fell off the map. He didn't resume his Senate job, he didn't run for President in 2004, he didn't do anything. He was pretty much a non-entity.

And then, in 2006, he starred in An Inconvenient Truth, a documentary which is more about Al Gore than about the global warming. And that won a couple of Oscars.

And now Gore's won the Nobel Peace Prize for his environmental efforts.

What a damn shame. I thought Al Gore was out of our lives forever. Now, I'm sure his ego has ascended to the deity level. His photo and a brief quote actually graced the homepage of Apple.com for a day (and I just wanted to see some iPods). I'm sure he'll be on every television outlet that will have him, and it will be Al Gore all the time.

Oh well. At least we managed to get rid of John Kerry, so I guess that's something.

No comments: