Sunday, June 29, 2008

That Time Of Year Again


Went to Flashback Weekend again this weekend. Some highlights:

-There were more people dressed as zombies than one would expect. And, speaking of dressing, I believe The Girl and I were the only people not clad entirely in black.

-Elvira's hair and boobs are much bigger in real-life than they appear on TV. The line to meet her was never under a half mile long.

-While both Reggie Bannister and Bill Thornbury were hawking music CDs, at no time did they bust out a guitar jam like they did in Phantasm. What a drag.

-While waiting to see George Romero, a gaggle of girls dressed like prostitutes played Dokken's "Dream Warriors" on their little boombox. The Girl was apoplectic.

-And yes, George Romero does wear that safari vest everywhere he goes.

-The Girl is only 5'3", but she towers over Danielle Harris. When I pointed this out to her, that she was actually taller than someone, she replied with, "yes, but she's skinnier than I am." It's all or nothing with that woman.

-Somehow, I got into a lengthy conversation with Angus Scrimm about the composer Erich Korngold. It was probably the only non-Phantasm conversation he'd had all day. I'll also mention that he was sporting some white plastic glasses that would make Elton John envious.

-I must give Bill Hinzman credit for being a sport: he came to this thing actually dressed as a zombie.

-I feel sorry for the people of Rosemont, as it was Double Dork Weekend: the annual comic book convention was going on right across the street the same time as this.

All and all, a good time. And...I finally managed to procure a copy of The Stepfather on DVD.

Things couldn't have gone better.

No comments: