Thursday, October 27, 2005

The 5 Year Old Virgin


The other day, for no reason, one of the voices in my head screamed out one of the funniest lines from The 40 Year Old Virgin: "Is that the Six Million Dollar Man's boss?"

While not everyone (or no one, probably) finds that funny, I thought it was hilarious, because, as a child, I, too, owned the Oscar Goldman action figure. And he was awesome. Sure, he was pretty much just a Ken doll with a receding hairline, and was dressed like a complete tool (a green turtleneck? What the fuck?), but the exploding briefcase he came with was pretty sweet. Waaaay better than anything Steve Austin came with.

2 comments:

E said...

I also had Steve Austin, who not only had the power arm and the eye that you could actually look through, but also had interchangeable arms and legs.

I wish I had detachable limbs.

And yes, that is a picture of me after a failed assassination attempt. I was very depressed.

E said...

I tried, but Estelle Getty rebuffed my advances. Golden Girl, my ass.