Friday, October 28, 2005

Worst Top 10 List of All Time


As I've mentioned before, I love Top 10 Lists. Not because I think they give me any kind of insightful information, or influence any of my decisions, but because most of them are just so fucking wrong that it makes me laugh.

And I thought that the aforementioned Spin "List" was hilarious. That was, until someone pointed out this piece of shit to me: Total Film's Greatest Movies of All Time. Take a look and come back.

Done?

First off: Fight Club, fourth best movie ever; better than Citizen Kane. This is only slightly more crazy than claiming that the chicken shoved up your ass told you to shoot The President.

And the amount of crack one would need to ingest to claim that Goodfellas is better than The Godfather 2 would kill the average person, but apparently not the compilers of this list.

Tokyo Story? I love Japanese cinema, but, what the fuck? Have you seen this film?

Of course, I complain, but mean nothing, since I don't work for a "magazine," and, therefore, what I think is wrong. If Rolling Stone says that Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water is the Best Album Ever, then you better fucking believe it is. Same deal here. If Total Film says that the three Lord of the Rings movies are better than 99% of the movies released in the history of the world, then they are.

All that being said, I'm going to go out a limb here. This is a (kind of) printed media, read by at least four people. Therefore, I'm able to play God, and put together a Top 10 List that you have to like it or lump it.

So, here's my 10 Greatest Movies of All Time List (in no real particular order):

Dawn of the Dead
The Hustler
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Once Upon A Time In The West
Blade Runner
Network
Pulp Fiction
Hard-Boiled
Evil Dead
Annie Hall


Since all "Greatest" lists supersede one another, and the most recent one is actually The Greatest, these 10 movies are The Greatest Ever for like the next five seconds, until someone comes up with another one of these lists. And if you don't think so: fuck you. I know I'm right. It says "10 Greatest Movies of All Time," doesn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi E, when I was looking for stuff on skateboarding clothing this site came up, so I guess that you must be interested, or have commented on it at some point in the past! Anyway, if you do like skateboarding clothing check it out. There is a blog there too, to repay the favour!

Anonymous said...

Neil says: I'm surprized at no Scorcese (TD being your obvious pick). Also, surprized at 2 horror picks. Finally, what about Congo?