Sunday, November 04, 2007

Exceeding Bandwidth...Now

You may have noticed that, in the right side column, I've put a YouTube video of Liz Phair in a Gap commercial.

Why?

Because I was hoping that it would make this page load slower than your average html-heavy MySpace profile. (Slowest...website...ever.)

Unfortunately, due to Google (which also runs Blogger) having recently acquired YouTube, the YouTube player has been nicely integrated into the Blogger template, making for seamless, lag-free playback. You don't even have to cut-and-paste the embed code anymore; you just click a button, type in the name of the video, and there it is. And it doesn't even eat up any bandwidth.

So, I tried an experiment, in hopes of pissing myself (and quite possibly the readers of this blog) off, and I failed miserably.

Can't say I didn't try.

Oh, and why a Liz Phair Gap commercial, you ask? Because if you don't like Liz Phair, there's something wrong with you. No use arguing in the comments; you just aren't right.

That, and it's my blog. You can put your Fergie or whoever videos on yours.

No comments: