Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's March Madness Time


Now that Marquette has been knocked out of the NCAA Tournament by the luckiest piece-of-shit shot I have ever seen, my March Madness is done with. Some comments on what I saw prior to that:

-Is it just me, or does Marquette appear to have a set play where they dribble down court, brick a three-pointer, and then tip in the rebound? Because they do it all the fucking time, so it must be a play, right? Here's an idea: LAY OFF THE GODDAMN THREES. (BTW, I appreciated Dick Enberg's moment of senility when he called Marquette "The Warriors.")

-The Girl had seen one, maybe two, NCAA games prior to this year, yet she's become quite the bracket handicapper. She picked Villanova for the Sweet 16, for Christ's Sake! Speaking of which...

-How crazy is it that every low seed won the first round in Tampa? That's never happened before. Which brings me to...

-Fuck Duke. If ever there was a team that deserved to lose to red-hot West Virginia, it's the Blue Devils. So, good riddance; fuck them. Now I can go eight months without having to hear how great they are.

-I was kinda hoping those Wisconsin Badger fuckers were going to play Georgetown in the Sweet 16, but those upstart punks from Davidson ruined that. But, that one Davidson guy scored like 70 points in the first two rounds, so maybe he'll be able to send those Badger jags home as well.

-Is anyone watching the NIT? I saw one game, Ohio St. v. UNC-Asheville, and I will say one thing: Kenny George (of UNC) is incredibly huge. He's the only guy I've ever seen who makes Shaq look like a runt. Unfortunately, George's ridiculous skill at catch-and-dunk were no match for Ohio St. And, speaking of which...

-Does anyone find it a little convenient that Ohio St. and Florida (who both weren't good enough to make The Big Show this year) were placed on opposite sides of the bracket, so that they could possibly play in the NIT version of last year's NCAA championship game (in two different sports)? That NIT selection committee, I tell ya!!

So, that's it: My interest in college basketball is over for the year. Marquette had a nice run, even if they did play Kentucky too early in the tourney to make a real run at it. Maybe they'll do better next year. Or, lose in the first round like they do every other year. We'll see how it pans out in '09.

Oh, and btw: Fuck Duke.

No comments: