Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Axl Makes Good

There are a lot of urban legends about getting free stuff. Like the one about being able to get a free Tootsie Roll Pop if you redeemed a wrapper with the picture of an indian shooting an arrow at a star. Everyone's heard that, but is it actually true? Probably not. But that's just one example. I'm sure there are hundreds of others that got started by someone. I'm sure there are more false ones than have ever been true ones.

However, this one turned out to be true.

Honestly, I originally brought this up because I like Dr. Pepper, and was hoping that Axl Rose would stop procrastinating on this damn album and get us all some free Dr. But I, like the rest of the free world, took this at face value as a hoax and completely forgot all about it. I was even at Best Buy the day Chinese Democracy dropped, and still forgot about it.

And I think that's what Dr. Pepper was relying on, as they made the coupons for free pop available for 24 hours only. If you missed it, you missed it. Maybe they'll bring it back. But I wouldn't count on it.

BTW, the album is terrible; the absence of Izzy and Slash is a deathblow to the record and GN'R.

I suspect more people got free Dr. Peppers than will buy this album.

No comments: