Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Greatest Record Ever?


So, I recently had an opportunity to listen to the new Coldplay record, X&Y. Quite honestly, I don't think I'd ever heard a Coldplay song, and really don't know much about the band, except that everyone seems to speak very highly of them. Hell, they must be awesome, as their lead singer was allowed to knock up Gwyneth Paltrow. (Brad Pitt and Ben Affleck never got that far with her.) So, this band must just rock, and this record must be better than Exile on Main Street or Songs in the Key of Life, right? So, I gave it a listen.

Turns out, Coldplay is not as awesome as they would seem to be. If this record is anything like their other albums, I'd say their entire discography isn't as good as, say, "Tumblin' Dice" or "Sir Duke," and those are just single songs, songs that are better than this band's entire repertoire, apparently.

I dunno; maybe I'm too heterosexual to enjoy this band. Maybe they are a good band, as far as some people are concerned. But not for me. My verdict on X&Y:
Buh bye now

No comments: