Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Here Comes A Real American Hero

The other day, flipping through some stuff on Yahoo, I came across this slideshow of promo stills from G.I. Joe, the upcoming live-action adaptation of the toy line/cartoon/comic book of the same name. Honestly, before I saw these photos, I didn't even know there was an upcoming G.I. Joe movie. Really seems like a kinda stupid idea to me. But, they made a movie out of The Transformers, the other big toy line/cartoon/comic book of the '80s, and it did good business, so why not G.I. Joe?

After checking on the IMDB page for the movie, and seeing who's going to be in it, I have a few comments:

-I don't know who Channing Tatum is, nor do I care, but do we really want him playing the leader of America's Fighting Force? Was Zak Efron not available?

-I just can't envision Joseph Gordon-Hewitt as Cobra Commander. Unless he's going to talk in that queer screechy voice he had in the cartoon. Then Gordon-Hewitt might be a perfect choice.

-I've seen production stills from the movie in which Sienna Miller still has blonde hair, which is great, as Sienna looks good blonde, but her character, Baroness, had black hair. They've still got a year and a half to dye it, I guess.

-It's nice to see that Zartan made the cut. I wonder if Arnold Vosloo's skin will turn blue when exposed to light, or if he'll have that backpack with the goofy mask inside. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you were deprived as a child.)

-I see both Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are in the movie, so get really for some Ninja Action!

-This movie might be worth sitting through if Rachel Nichols spends the whole thing squeezed into a skin-tight suit. At least her hair's the right color.

I'm sure this movie will suck, but I'll see it anyway. It is G.I. Joe, after all.

No comments: