Thursday, April 17, 2008

Window XP Goes Bye-Bye

If you hadn't already heard, Microsoft has announced that they will be taking the Windows XP operating system off the market in June. They've already had Windows Vista online for some time now, and I guess they figured they didn't need two operating systems on the market.

Basically, all I have to say on the matter is this: If you're an XP user, and you really like it, and you don't want to make the switch, then call Microsoft right now and get any issues you have with the program resolved. When Microsoft gets rid of a product, they get rid of a product.

Call Microsoft and tell them you're having some trouble with Windows Me. I bet they hang up on you, or say "Who is this...no, really." Although, I'm sure, for a couple hundred bucks, they might help you out. But then, that's what a normal tech call to Microsoft costs, so maybe that money is better spent actually buying a copy of Vista.

Oh well. I'll get over this like I got over the passing of Windows 3.1, 95, 98, and Me (an OS that couldn't be killed off fast enough).

No comments: