Sunday, April 06, 2008

Nothing But Trailers


I see a lot of movies. It just goes along with that that I end up watching a lot of movie trailers. I actually enjoy them. When I get the opportunity, I watch HDNet's show Nothing But Trailers, which is, as the name would indicate, nothing but trailers. This is how much I like trailers.

But it occurred to me that lots of people don't watch a lot of movies and, therefore, don't get to see trailers. They have no idea what's coming out. And, particularly for a lot of readers of this blog, the ones they do see are whatever's tacked on the front of Alvin and the Chipmunks or The Veggie Tales Movie (ie, shit they really don't want to see anyway).

So, this is for you, those that don't get to see what's coming out: your own personal Coming Attractions. Enjoy.

Tropic Thunder: Even though I'd seen this before, it was tacked on the front of The Ruins (which really wasn't as terrible as I had suspected it would be) and inspired me to post this. It looks like it might be hilarious. Robert Downey Jr. as a black guy is comic gold.


Street Kings: Keanu Reeves could make a ton of money in Hollywood. He's shown he can open a movie and would easily be worth a $20 million paycheck, yet he continues to star in non-blockbuster stuff.


Meet Dave: Wasn't Eddie Murphy an Oscar nominee, like, a year ago? You wouldn't know it, as his last two movies are this and Norbit. Talk about a career at an absolute nadir.


Get Smart: This one's been out for quite some time, but last week was the first time I'd seen it in a theatre. I don't know if it will be any good or not (I suspect not), but prepare to laugh your ass off around the 53 second mark of this trailer.


Amusement: I have a clue what this is about, but it's got a scary clown killer in it, which is good enough for me.


The Incredible Hulk: Apparently, Ang Lee's existential take on The Hulk wasn't shitty enough by Hollywood standards, so they found someone who would make a shittier version. Yes, that's right: This is NOT a sequel to The Hulk, but an entirely new film. And it looks completely awful.


The Midnight Meat Train: I have no idea how they managed to adapt Clive Barker's story into a movie, but...here it is.


And, lastly, but not leastly,

Righteous Shoot: DeNiro and Pacino, together in the same movie. How are you NOT going to see this?


Check 'em out if you like what you see.

No comments: