Wednesday, February 02, 2005

"I Need Closure On That Anecdote!"



If you haven't already bought The Simpsons: The Complete Fifth Season DVD set, you need to step away from the computer and do it NOW.

Season five is, without a doubt, the best season of The Simpsons. Most producers would think that when you have a hit show that you would want to keep the staff that made it great intact. But the old writers and producers were shown the door (most notably, Conan O'Brien), and a whole new batch came in and made the best season ever. When they first released The Simpsons on DVD, I prayed this shit would be popular, so that they would get around to releasing season five. And now, they have (I should note that I didn't necessarily need the DVDs, as I have a majority of the season five episodes on tape from their original airdates; they're blank tapes now!).

One thing I've noticed watching these episodes in their original, unedited forms is how much has been cut out of the episodes for airing in syndication. One of the most notable examples is the exclusion of Homer's line, "Hey, he's not happy at all. He lied to us through song! I hate when people do that!" from the "Homer and Apu" episode. After having watched these things in edited reruns for so long, I forgot that some scenes were even in these episodes. So, not only am I getting to see the best episodes of a show I love, I'm getting to see shit I (or anybody, for that matter) haven't seen in 12 years.

But, now I'm raving. Just go buy it. And, just so you have no excuses, here's the link:
Buy This Shit Immediately

No comments: