Monday, July 09, 2007

Dan Patrick Packing It Up

In news that I'm sure came as a shock to his fans (like myself), long-time ESPN staple Dan Patrick has announced that he is leaving the network after 18 years.

Not that he's much of a presence anymore. Since leaving his anchor duties at Sportscenter last year, he has mostly been relegated to hosting his radio show, which airs on ESPN Radio. Along with his departure from ESPN goes his radio show. So, he's basically out of the business, with, according to him, no real future plans.

Here's my word of advice: MSNBC needs to hire Patrick and get him back on a show with Olbermann. When EPSN hired Olbermann to co-host the middle hour of Patrick's radio show, it made me remember how good these two were together, and how instrumental their time together on Sportcenter was to sports broadcasting. That would make me happy.

Good luck, Dan, wherever you may end up.

No comments: