Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Zeppelin Flies Again


Earlier in the week it was announced that the living members of Led Zeppelin would be getting back together to play a single show in November.

This is probably the biggest news in the history of rock and roll. Led Zeppelin has not been a band since Bonzo died in 1980. The three remaining members have not played together since the Atlantic Records 40th anniversary concert in 1989. (Even though I saw this concert when it aired, I don't remember Zeppelin playing. All I remember is that Genesis played "Turn It On Again," which, oddly enough, I think may be the last time they were relevant. But I may be wrong on that.)

This is the moment that Zeppelin fans have been waiting for for nearly 30 years. This concert will sell out in roughly 17 seconds. The Rolling Stones tour non-stop, and they're able to sell out venues at $200 a pop. They could charge $1 million for this Zeppelin show, and it would still sell out. This is that big.

I'd love to go, but I think I'll just listen to How the West Was Won instead. I don't have to spend any money to do that.

(BTW, this post makes a lot more sense with words in it. Sorry about that.)

No comments: