Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The Oscar Race



Well, now that the Oscar noms have been announced, I could sit here and tell you who has the best chance of winning, and how so and so was brilliant in this and that. But I'd only be guessing. You see, I haven't actually seen any of the nominated movies in the major categories (actually, I have seen Collateral and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, so I'm an expert on those two). In fact, of all the movies nominated for an Oscar this year, I've seen a whopping seven out of 30 (and I think I, Robot was unduly snubbed by the Academy). Bad taste on my part? No, because everything that got nominated just doesn't look enjoyable. Why would I see a movie just because "Jamie Foxx IS Ray", according to the ads? So, I ain't pickin' shit, because it would pretty much be me throwing at names at a dartboard. Actually, scratch that: I will pick the winners. I predict Sideways will win everything. This is the best movie out of all the other movies I have not seen; head and shoulders above the rest.

No comments: