Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Evangeline Lilly: Not In It For The Fame

About a year and a half ago, I commented on the fact that Evangeline Lilly appeared in commercials for the fairly sleazy Livelinks phone service, even though she was enjoying some degree of fame on Lost, one of the most popular shows on TV.

The other night, I was watching TV, and happened to catch another commercial for Livelinks, and, no surprise, it did not feature Evangeline Lilly. (Actually, it was a much hotter girl, which is what actually caught my attention, but that's neither here nor there.) I thought, "Good for her; way to not be associated with that shitbag anymore." But, out of curiosity's sake, I went to Livelinks' website, and there she is, right on the front page. Not moving in up as much in the world as I thought.

But then, maybe Evangeline just does this acting stuff for the love of the game; she doesn't care about the fame. She's about the only actor on Lost who hasn't attempted to parlay their fame into other gigs. She doesn't seem to care about being famous, or with what her name is associated. She's just happy on her TV show and with dating a Hobbit. Personally, I would have filed a cease-and-desist order against those scumbags. I am in it for the fame.

But, that's just me.

No comments: