Friday, February 22, 2008

Law & Order Officially Ruined

Yesterday, it was announced that Jesse Martin, who has played Det. Ed Greene on Law & Order for nine years, was leaving the show. Martin has one more episode to film before his tenure is over.

Now, if you watch Law & Order, actors leaving the show is no big thing, as it happens all the time. Every actor that started on the show 18 years ago has moved on. (In fact, two of them, Dann Florek and Chris Noth, play the same characters they did on Law & Order on different shows now.) Only a handful have made it past the five-year mark. So, actors departing the show really doesn't bust me up that much.

No, what really busts my balls about this is that they're apparently replacing Martin with Anthony Anderson, my most hated of all actors. (And, apparently, Fox is about to cancel K-Ville.)

Now, I'll admit that Anderson was watchable, even enjoyable, in his two season guest stint on The Shield. But that's it. Every other performance has made me cringe. I've even shied away from movies and shows due to Anderson's presence in them. And now he's a regular on one of my favorite shows. Great!

Maybe he'll be able to dial down his annoyance factor enough for me to continue to enjoy the show. I seriously doubt it, but, Law & Order is one of my Shows; I'll watch regardless of quality.

So, check it out when Law & Order begins the Anthony Anderson Era this spring. Oh, and be sure to check out Anderson in Gobots: The Movie, coming to a theatre near you July 25th. I'm sure he'll be just as annoying in that Transforming Robot Movie as he was in Transformers.

(Praise be to Jesus for the Gobots poster.)

No comments: